Lady Antebellum-Need You Now

Thursday, September 3, 2009

360 degree!

My birthday turned out to be 360 degree different from what I expected. Look at my happy face up there! All the reasons that I gave before that I said would make my birthday a disaster didn't really happen anyhow.

1st, turning 18 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe dats because I've prepared myself mentally to be 18. I would admit that at 1st turning 18 was not a good feeling and then suddenly this hero came out of nowhere and told me that I'm ready to be a young adult. I want to start acting like a young adult and I will (even tho I'm not so sure how). On my birthday eve I decided to write a birthday journal which will consist of my reflections about myself throughout the past 1 year. What have I done, what are my mistakes, my regrets and what should I do this year so that the incidents would never happen again. It was tiring at first to think back all the bad memories that I had. I almost cried while writing my journal. My reflections bought me back to the times when I feel that the world is turning upside down for me. Of course itw asn't a good feeling. Ironically, all those reflections made my birthday even more MEANINGFUL than before because I have found out what would make myu birthday special every year.


That night I suddenly realised that wishes, cards and presents are not the things that would make birthday different from other days. I have a different perception about birthdays now. 360 degree different from what I used to believe. From this year onward I would make my birthday eve the time for me to reflect, to cry maybe and to decide to CHANGE for good. Or in other words...it's the time for me to grow up.



My 2nd reason-Ramadhan. Well, I did celebrate my birthday with my twin. It was not that 'grand' but what's important is we spent some time together on that special day. We even had a slice of cake. Suddenly there's a stall selling choc cake on my birthday! Selama ni xde pun mak cik tu jual kek. Rezeki...walaupun my cousin complain cake tu tawar, I pulak kata cake tu pahit sebab I makan bahagian bawah yang hangus...bersyukur la sbb dpt jgk makan cake... Haha!


My 3rd reason-family. I thought my mom would just text me to wish my birthday. Hehe..sengal x? She called!! I can't change the fact that my dad is not around but at least I'm happy coz my mom didn't forget and called. I thought she would just text me! (hokei...sengal...)

My 4th reason-My motivator. Yeap, she was not at the faculty the whole week. It does feel different. But she texted me on my birthday...wishing me... OMG I can't tell u how happy I was at that moment. I was still sleeping actually but I woke up because of the message. Terus segar bugar! I know she's not the type that would remember people's birthday that's why I didn't want to expect anything. But she did remember! X kesahla dia ingat sbb reminder fb sekali pun, yang penting dia WISH!!!


Last but not the least...the reason that my birthday was very meaningful was because of RAYA MESSENGER~!! This is the 1st time I'm conducting a project at my faculty. Everything went well. All the cards were sold and we even got another 25 extra orders. I'd have to buy them this weekend. Everyone from the faculty was very supportive, my friends gave good co-operation and we got a lot of orders from the lecturers!! It was really cool. I can't wait to start sending the cards to the recipients. Each day I was excited to come to the faculty because of this project. It was tiring, I would admit but the satisfaction that you get when people buy the cards was good. It feels very worthy.

Thanks to you guys...this project made the whole week meaningful. I had a great time promoting, explaining and taking orders. Next year, we're gonna do better than this year! There are things that we need to improve but that's okay coz this is our 1st time. For a 1st timer we didn't screw up actually. We just need to make sure that custom card thingy wouldn't be as 'fening' as this year!



The conclusion is...? I'm very grateful and happy that I had fun during my birthday. I got a sweet present from Siha and Amri. Thanx a lot! Love it! Birthdays can be meaningful in many ways. I should not restrict the reason for me to be happy. And most importantly, growing up is not as bad as I thought! =)

1 comment:

bloomyheart said...

being 18 is so nice den 19 la..heheh