Lady Antebellum-Need You Now

Monday, November 22, 2010

Which are you?

After living life for 19 years, I come to realise that people can be grouped into a few categories. They are the loners, family-oriented, boyfriend-oriented and friend-oriented. I first realised this when I was in form three. I had a senior who was a family-oriented kind of person and because of that she was not much affected by her friends. It was kinda obvious that to her friends are just part of life, but not everything in life. So here are the few categories that I've known. Let's see if you fit into one of the categories yeah?

The lone rangers.

Lone rangers are the ones that are not friend-oriented or boyfriend-oriented. They may be family-oriented but it will be hard for people to notice because they rarely communicate with their friends. Lone rangers prefer to eat alone, go to the mall alone and are not dependent on people. You can always recognize them easily because they will always be alone. In fact, if they are walking with someone you'd feel shocked! Haha. If you interview a lone ranger, they will all give the same answer: They don't mind being alone. I do not know how lone rangers can survive because I am friend-oriented and I can never survive being alone. Ok, next are the family-oriented ones.


Family-oriented person.


You are a family-oriented person if family means everything to you. Everyone seems to claim that family meant everything to them but it is not portrayed on their behaviour and way of thinking. You see, those who are family-oriented can't lie that they are one. You can sense this kind of person by just observing. They way the make their decisions, they way they think and they way they react will all tell. Sometimes they don't even realise that it was very obvious that they are family-oriented. One striking evidence of a family-oriented person is they tend to feel sad/happy because of their family. Usually family-oriented person can survive without friends because they do not appreciate friends as much as they appreciate their family. 


Boyfriend-oriented person.


This category is very common among girls. This is another kind of person that is easy to recognise. Usually bf-oriented person will spend almost 24 hours with their bf. And I mean literally. They will be actively texting their bf if their bf is not with them. If not, their bf will always be with them. Anywhere this person goes, she will either be with her bf literally or she will be texting or calling their bf. When this kind of person have problems with their bf, their life will be a wreck. They will be like a kid who just lost their mother. One good criteria about this kind of person is they are very committed to relationships. Next we'll see how a friend-oriented person is.
 

Friend-oriented person.


Friend-oriented kind of person will be very much affected by friends. Life will be miserable for them if they have problems with their friends. Not necessarily all friend-oriented person will have lots of friends. Sometimes they only have one best friend and they will stick to that friend all the time. Usually friend-oriented kind of person will put friends as their number one priority in life. Family will come second because they are not so close with their family.
 

okay...so those are the descriptions. Can you recognise which are you? There's one thing that I would like to highlight. There is no one better category than the other. I'm not saying that you are bad if you are bf oriented. Or you are lame if you are a lone ranger. No. Everyone has their own qualities in them. Why we are oriented in such a way has much to do with our upbringing and environment. We become who we are today because of several reasons, not merely we are born that way. However, there is one category that if you fall into it, I totally respect you. The balanced person.

Balanced person will put family, friends and bf at the same priority. If not the same, at least they know how to balance between the three. They do not show any tendency that their bf is more important or that they cannot live without their friends. They are very balanced and they spend time with all three categories equally. I have friends from all the categories, including the balanced kind of person. It is impressive how a person can be very balanced. Like me, I am totally not a balanced person because I am friend and family oriented. I have not perceived a bf as one of the most important person in my life. Maybe it's bcause I'm used to be surrounded by friends rather than bf. Well, people can change. All I know is today I may be this kind of person. Who knows in the future I might be bf-oriented? Not that I ask for it, obviously. I want to be a balanced person. Think I can do it? Maybe. Who knows? ^_~
 

6 comments:

NekoPillow said...

I'm friend-oriented too~
^^

English Freak said...

huhu..i realised this recently cause most of the time, i cried bcoz of a friend. friends affect me much. =)

nasiha said...

you rasa i ape ah?i xtau i mana satu..aiyoo 0_o...

English Freak said...

u nak tau u yg mana?
u kategori balanced.
Family, boy friend and friends.
=)

nasiha said...

ouhh kembang i.hahahah

English Freak said...

haha.. =p
u rasa i apa?